Course taught by team of NISHMAT’S Yoatzot Halacha, rabbis, doctors, psychotherapists, financial planner and other professionals
Course reviewed by Rabbi Daniel Feldman, Rosh Yeshiva at the Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary at Yeshiva University
Certification is dependent upon satisfactory class participation, as well as completion of both written formative assignments, a final project and an exit interview.
- Advanced payment required upon acceptance and is non-refundable.
- $180 will be refunded upon completion of the course.
- Transmit Halachic and hashkafic information, including carefully selected excerpts from classic Torah sources which guide kallah teaching.
- Incorporate medical and psychological information and best practices critical to a kallah’s first few years of marriage
- Impart integral teaching strategies and invaluable women’s health and wellness resources.
- Guide teachers in teaching different types of kallot from different communities and backgrounds.
- Provide tips for naturally conversing about the kallah & chattan relationship and שלום בית through specific touch-points in each of the classes.
- Advise kallah teachers about common challenges that may arise in keeping טהרת המשפחה.
- Create a dynamic relationship between Rabbis, Yoatzot Halacha, Rebbetzins, Kallah Teachers who can together provide critical support to couples in their marriages.
- Open to Rebbetzins — priority is given to Rebbetzins of OU member synagogues in good standing or RCA Rebbetzins. Space is limited!
- Applicants will be chosen for their innate interpersonal people skills, paired with a deep sense of יראת שמים and rigorous commitment to halacha.
- Participation requires competence in basic halachic texts such as Tanach, Rambam, Shulchan Aruch and modern halachic compendia in English and (easy to average difficulty) Hebrew.
- All classes will be recorded for referral, review, and for viewing by the students participating virtually. Recordings will be password protected and can only be viewed by participants in this class.
- Students choose one of two tracks:
- Track 1: Live, Synchronous Participation
- preparing for class with a brief reading or viewing assignment
- attending and actively participating in each Sunday class
- submitting formative post-class assessments built to encourage review of that session’s content and incorporating the session’s content into your personalized Kallah teaching course
- Track 2: Asynchronous Learning
- sharing thoughts on teaching Taharat HaMishpacha with the group by completing preparatory blog posts for each class, allowing for a robust virtual group discussion in lieu of the live chat
- committing to set aside a solid, uninterrupted block of two hours each week to actively view the class video
- Viewing each session and completing blogging and assessments by Thursday evening.
- submitting formative post-class assessments built to encourage review of that session’s content and incorporating the session’s content into your personalized Kallah teaching course.
- Students in Track 1 who miss a live class must join Track 2 for that week and blog accordingly.
- The instructor will be available to all students for help with the digesting the subject matter, course process, and will provide prompt feedback for submitted work.
- Students must submit all written formative assignments.
- Upon completion of the course and all formative assignments, the final project will require each Rebbetzin to compile all materials for the kallah class she will teach, a course outline, relevant handouts, sources, links and resources.
- Upon completion of the course, Nishmat’s Miriam Glaubach Center will administer a final exit interview.
- Nishmat’s Miriam Glaubach Center is the final arbiter of certification.
- Nishmat’s Miriam Glaubach Center has the right to terminate a student’s participation at any point, in the event that the educational faculty determines she is not meeting the program’s requirements.
Synagogue & Community Services
New York, NY 10004
RABBINICAL COUNCIL OF AMERICA
305 7th Avenue
New York, NY 10001